A comfortable room in traditional Bregenzerwald style for smaller-scale occasions.
This room dates from the year 1755 and is named after one of the first owners of the Hirschen, Josef Anton Metzler (1753 – 1796). He was a farmer and shopkeeper by profession. He traded in wood, cheese and livestock, as well as being a moneylender and factory owner. Metzler developed a production and trading business for muslin and cotton goods. He also had a wax business. His commercial ties extended to Milan, Vienna, Bohemia and Hungary. At that time, he was one of the wealthiest denizens of the Bregenzerwald as well as administrator of painter Angelica Kauffmann’s estate (1741-1806).