- Breakfast Buffet with regional specialities, Single Estate Coffee, local cheese and homemade sausage.
- Use of the Hirschen-Spa with finnish and Biosauna, infrared cabine and relaxing room with entrance to the garden
- Wifi in the whole hotel area
- Parking space
- Bathrobe and Slipper in your room
- 1 bottle Passugger sparkling water in your room
- Library in the chimney room
The e-charging station in the underground car park can be used against payment.
Important information about your stay can be found at here.
Why are some of the rooms so big while others are so small?
Our house is more than 265 years old. In order to preserve the historic structure as much as possible, we maintained most of the layout. As a result, some of the rooms are very large while others are very small.
So how does this work with the two different houses?
The Hotel Hirschen is made up of two separate houses: the traditional inn on the town square and the traditionally built but more modern «Wälderhaus». The Wälderhaus is located about 25 meters behind the historic Hirschen in our garden. Here you’ll also find the parking garage, the spa and the seminar rooms. The two houses are connected by a path. The restaurant, fireplace room and bar are located in the traditional inn.
Do your prices include breakfast?
Yes, all our prices, arrangements and offers include breakfast.
What can you actually do in Schwarzenberg? Why should I come?
There is a large variety of things to do in Schwarzenberg and its surroundings. However, we at the Hirschen also recommend to take your time and for once, just do nothing. Have an extended breakfast. Read your favourite newspaper from front to back. Take a stroll through the town center and have a local explain the architecture to you. Get a massage in our spa and read a few pages in a book from our Hirschen library. Then maybe take an afternoon nap before you start the evening with a drink in front of the fireplace. Finally, you may enjoy a long and exquisite six-course dinner and spend hours in good conversation at the Hirschen Bar.
If this doesn't sound like anything you might like, we also recommend the following activities:
- Hiking around Bödele - in the summer
- Skiing at Bödele - in the winter
- Discover the woods
- Build your own chair in Schwarzenberg with a local carpenter
- Hike up to our very own alp, "Rothenbach".
- Discover the centuries-old traditional craftsmenship of Bregenzerwald in the "Werkraum"
- Go on a biking trip with our e-bikes.
- Visit the Angelika Kauffmann Museum in Schwarzenberg
- Go to the public swimming pool in Schwarzenerg
- Grill some sausages in the Bregenzerache river and be surprised at how cold water can be in the middle of summer
- Go running with Peter Fetz
- Let Franz Fetz tell the tales of yore
Kids are expensive. At the Hirschen as well?
Oh trust us, we know! Kids up to the age of 6 can stay in their parents' room free of charge. For children from the ages of 7 to 13 years we charge 35€ per child. If your child is 14 or older we charge the standard price of an extra bed in the parents' room.
Where can I park my car?
There are different parking spaces available around the Hirschen and the Wälderhaus. We also have a parking garage beneath the Wälderhaus, spaces are limited though.
Can I go skiing here?
Oh yes, definitely! Woody Allen would call this a "Postcard skiing area". At Bödele you can ski with a unique panorama view: on the one side you have Lake Constanze, on the other side you have the view over the Bregenzerwald. The Bus to the ground station starts directly in front our hotel and takes about 10 minutes. If there is enough snow you can ski downhill until you reach our hotel again. You'll find more information at www.boedele.info
Can I rent skis in Schwarzenberg?
Yes, we can organise rental skis for you.
I can’t live without my dog. Can I bring him to the hotel?
Unfortunately we have had some bad experiences with the combination of dogs and expensive antiquities in our hotel so most of the rooms are dog-free spaces. We’re sure that you're dog is very well behaved, but we can’t check on that information up front. To guarantee that you can still visit the Hirschen with your dog we have created two special dog-friendly rooms that you can still book. We charge a 25 € fee per dog and night. Dogs however are not allowed in the restaurant.
Check-In and Check-Out
The rooms are available from 3 pm. If you arrive earlier, just contact the reception, maybe your room is already available.
Check out is until 11 am. Need a lie-in? Just let us know and you can stay longer for the price of 10 € per hour (abailability dependent).
Doppelzimmer Klassik 1755
Doppelzimmer Superior 1755
König Max Suite